Prof. Dr. rer. nat. Carsten Engelhard
- Professor for analytical chemistry at the University of Siegen, 01/2017 – present.
- Assistant professor for analytical chemistry at the University of Siegen, 04/2013 – 12/2016.
- Independent research at University of Münster, Germany, funded by the German Research Foundation (DFG). “Habilitand” with Prof. U. Karst , 05/2010 – 03/2013.
- Postdoctoral Research Associate (Prof. Gary M. Hieftje), Indiana University, Bloomington, USA, 01/2008-04/2010.
- Dr. rer. nat. (“summa cum laude”, Prof. Karl Cammann), University of Münster, Germany, 11/2007.
- Diplom-Chemiker (Prof. Karl Cammann), University of Münster, Germany, 2003.
Honors and Awards
- Adolf-Martens-Award, Adolf-Martens Fonds e.V. and Federal Institute for Materials Research and Testing (BAM)
- Award of the Analytical Chemistry Division of the German Chemical Society, “Fachgruppenpreis”
- Outstanding Young Investigator Recognition, Federation of Analytical Chemistry and Spectroscopy Societies
- A.M.S.El. Award, Analytical Chemistry Division of the German Chemical Society
- Procter and Gamble Award, “Dissertationspreis”, Faculty of Chemistry and Pharmacy, University of Münster
- Guest Editor, Journal of Analytical Atomic Spectrometry (JAAS), Issue 3, 2014.
- Editorial Board Member of the Journal of Analytical Atomic Spectrometry, 2014 - present.
- Head of the local section of the German Chemical Society (GDCh Ortsverbandsvorsitzender Siegen), 2015 - present.
- Member of the International Advisory Board of the Journal of Analytical Atomic Spectrometry, 2012 - 2013.
- 2011 Program Section Chair for Atomic Spectroscopy at the 38th Federation of Analytical Chemistry and Spectroscopy Societies (FACSS) conference, Reno, NV, USA
- 2012 Program Section Chair for Atomic Spectroscopy at the SCIX conference presented by FACSS, Kansas City, MO, USA
- 2013 Program Section Co-Chair for Atomic Spectroscopy at the SCIX conference presented by FACSS, Milwaukee, WI, USA
- Reviewer for several journals and agencies including Angewandte Chemie, Journal of the American Chemical Society, Analytical Chemistry, Journal of Analytical Atomic Spectrometry, Metallomics, Analytical and Bioanalytical Chemistry, Spectrochimica Acta Part B, Environmental Science & Technology, Studienstiftung des deutschen Volkes, DFG.
- German Chemical Society, Division of Analytical Chemistry
- Royal Society of Chemistry, MRSC
- American Chemical Society, Division of Analytical Chemistry
- Society for Applied Spectroscopy
University of Siegen
Department of Chemistry and Biology
Adolf-Reichwein Str. 2
Phone: +49 (0)271 740-2040 (Secretary Mo. 9-12, Wed 9-12, Thu 9-12)
Fax: +49 (0)271 740-2041
E-Mail: engelhard at chemie dot uni-siegen dot de
Office hours for students: Wed. 9 - 10 am (no appointment required) in the semester.
Additional appointments are available upon request. Please contact email@example.com.
ORCID ID: orcid.org/0000-0002-7020-9278