Prof. Dr. Carsten Engelhard
- Professor of analytical chemistry at the University of Siegen, 01/2017 – present.
- Assistant professor of analytical chemistry at the University of Siegen, 04/2013 – 12/2016.
- Independent research at the University of Münster, Germany, with Prof. Uwe Karst, funded by the German Research Foundation (DFG), 05/2010 – 03/2013.
- Postdoctoral Research Associate (Prof. Gary M. Hieftje), Indiana University, Bloomington, USA, 01/2008-04/2010.
- Dr. rer. nat. (“summa cum laude”, Prof. Karl Cammann), University of Münster, Germany, 11/2007.
- Diplom-Chemiker (Prof. Karl Cammann), University of Münster, Germany, 2003.
Honors and Awards
- Fellow of the Royal Society of Chemistry (2019), Cambridge
- Mattauch Herzog Award (2018), German Mass Spectrometry Society (DGMS)
- Adolf Martens Award (2010), Adolf-Martens Fonds e.V. and Federal Institute for Materials Research and Testing (BAM)
- Analytical Chemistry Division Award (2009), German Chemical Society, “Fachgruppenpreis”
- Procter and Gamble Award (2008), “Dissertationspreis”, Faculty of Chemistry and Pharmacy, University of Münster
- A.M.S.El. Award (2006), Analytical Chemistry Division of the German Chemical Society
- Guest Editor, Journal of Analytical Atomic Spectrometry (JAAS), Issue 3, 2014.
Service to the University
- Chairman of the Chemistry Examination Board, University of Siegen, 04/2018 - present
- Deputy Department Chair, Department of Chemistry and Biology, 11/2019 - present
- Member of the Examination Board of the Faculty IV, 04/2018 - present
- Executive Board Member of the Center for Micro- and Nanoanalytics, University of Siegen
- Chairman of the local section of the German Chemical Society (GDCh Ortsverbandsvorsitzender Siegen), 2015 - 2019.
Service to the Scientific Community
- Editorial Board Member of the Journal of Analytical Atomic Spectrometry by the Royal Society of Chemistry, 01/2014 - 12/2019.
- Advisory Board Member of the Journal of Analytical Atomic Spectrometry by the Royal Society of Chemistry, 01/2020 - present.
- Executive Associate Editor of the Journal of Analytical Sciences by the Japanese Society for Analytical Chemistry, 10/2019 - present
- Board Member of DAAS (Deutscher Arbeitskreis für Analytische Spektroskopie) of the German Chemical Society, 2019 - present.
- Member of the International Advisory Board of the Journal of Analytical Atomic Spectrometry, 2012 - 2013.
- Conference Organizer and Chair: "12. Symposium Massenspektrometrische Verfahren der Elementspurenanalyse und 25. ICP-MS Anwendertreffen", University of Siegen, 2016.
- 2011 Program Section Chair for Atomic Spectroscopy at the 38th Federation of Analytical Chemistry and Spectroscopy Societies (FACSS) conference, Reno, NV, USA
- 2012 Program Section Chair for Atomic Spectroscopy at the SCIX conference presented by FACSS, Kansas City, MO, USA
- 2013 Program Section Co-Chair for Atomic Spectroscopy at the SCIX conference presented by FACSS, Milwaukee, WI, USA
- Reviewer for several journals and agencies including Angewandte Chemie, Journal of the American Chemical Society, Analytical Chemistry, Journal of Analytical Atomic Spectrometry, Trends in Analytical Chemistry, Metallomics, Analytical and Bioanalytical Chemistry, Spectrochimica Acta Part B, Environmental Science & Technology, Studienstiftung des deutschen Volkes, DFG.
- German Chemical Society
- Royal Society of Chemistry
- American Chemical Society
- Society for Applied Spectroscopy
- German Mass Spectrometry Society
University of Siegen
Department of Chemistry and Biology
Adolf-Reichwein Str. 2
Phone: +49 (0)271 740-2040 (Secretary Mo. 9-12, Wed 9-12, Thu 9-12)
Fax: +49 (0)271 740-2041
E-Mail: ce at uni-siegen dot de
Office hours for students: Thu. 10 - 11 am (no appointment required) in the winter semester.
Additional appointments are available upon request. Please contact email@example.com.
ORCID ID: orcid.org/0000-0002-7020-9278