Isabel Höfer Receives Student Award of the County Olpe
For the first time the County Olpe bestowed this year a student award for excellent qualification theses of the University of Siegen. On the 10th of April 2014 Isabel Höfer received this award for her Master Thesis "Photocrosslinkable Biopolymers for Cell Investigations".
More information on this event may be found here...
Thorben Jaik and Byron Staudt Receive ACS-Award 2013
On 17th of December 2013 the alumni association Alumni Chemie Siegen e.V. honored the work of Thorben Jaik ("Synthesis of Poly-(N-Vinylpyrrolidone) via Reversible Addition-Fragmentation Chain Transfer Polymerization") and Byron Staudt ("Synthesis of Bisacridiziniumpyrimidinium Derivatives and the Investigation of their Interaction with Quadruplex DNA") with the ACS-Award 2013.
Christian Petri Becomes First Joint Student of the AIT-University of Siegen Partner Group Project
In the framework of the Partner Group Contract with the Austrian Institute of Technology (AIT) in Vienna Christian Petri receives a PhD position on the joint project on "Active Plasmonics with Resoponsive Hydrogels" under the project coordination of Dr. Jakub Dostalek from AIT.
Soft Control Conference, 22.-24. Septermber 2013, Darmstadt
upcoming event: International Conference
SOFT CONTROL - Switching Surface Properties with Stimuli-Responsive Soft Matter
22.-24. September 2013 - Darmstadt
Workshop "Hierarchically Structured Materials"
28th & 29th May, 2013, Macromolecular Chemistry, University of SiegenList of Speakers:
- Annette Brunsen, Technische Universität Darmstadt (email@example.com) - "Polymer-Modification of Mesoporous Thin Films & Permselectivity Control"
- Matthias Karg, Universität Bayreuth (firstname.lastname@example.org) - "Assembly of Inorganic/Organic Core-Shell Particles: From 2D Plasmonic to 3D Photonic Materials"
- Daniel Klinger, University of California, Santa Barbara (email@example.com) - "Tuning Shape and Morphology of PS-b-P2VP Block Copolymer Nanoparticles by Functional Surfactants"
- Markus Retsch, Universität Bayreuth (firstname.lastname@example.org) - "Optical, Mechanical, and Thermal Properties of Hollow Silica Nanoparticles"
- Michael Schmittel, Universität Siegen (email@example.com)- "Orthogonal Self-Assembly: Star Polymers, Nanoswitches and Supramolecular Rotors"
- Holger Schönherr, Universität Siegen (firstname.lastname@example.org) - "Exploiting Supramolecular Assemblies for Responsive Nanoarchitectures: Fabrication, Characterization and Biomedical Applications"
- Veronique Schwartz, Universität Siegen (email@example.com) - "Photocrosslinkable Functional Polymers by RAFT as Building Blocks for Complex DNA Block Copolymer Architectures"
- Niki Vogel, Harvard University (firstname.lastname@example.org) - "Transparent, Omniphobic Surfaces Based on Inverse Colloidal Monolayers"
- Jianjun Wang, Institute of Chemistry, Chinese Academy of Science (email@example.com) - "Investigating Anti-icing Surfaces: From Fundamentals to Applications"
Sino-German Joint Symposium on Frontiers of Functional Supramolecular Systems
21st-24th April, 2013, Tsinghua University, Beijing, China
The China-Germany Bilateral Symposium on Functional Supramolecular Systems, organized by Prof. Dr. Xi Zhang, Department of Chemistry, Tsinghua University in conjunction with Prof. Dr. Guangtao Li (Tsinghua University), Prof. Dr. Holger Schönherr (University of Siegen), Prof. Dr. Ulrich Jonas (University of Siegen), was held at Tsinghua University, Beijing, April 21-24, 2013. This symposium brought together the most recent advancement of China and Germany in the field of functional supramolecular systems, which is a highly interdisciplinary topic interfacing with many frontier fields including chemistry of materials, nanoscience and nanotechnology, chemical biology, organic electronics and renewable energy. The symposium provided a review on the current development, including discussions to indentify promising scientific opportunities that may impact both the scientific community and the society in the coming years.